With a motorized motion kit installed, the AstroMC Dome Rotation controller automates your dome rotation in synchronism with your telescope motion. ASCOM compliant Dome interface makes it easy to integrate telescope mount with dome and with higher level control software such as ACP, CCD Commander, CCD Autopilot, The Sky and even MaximDL in standalone mode. This unit features easy plug-in hardware with all the right connectors already on the controller. Software setup is a breeze with intuitive PC controls. Parameter storage is persistent so you don't need to re-calibrate with every use. Just power up and go.
As with all dome or roof controllers, some adaptation is required in order to sense dome position as it rotates. We provide one of several sensor boards depending on the specifics of your installation. We'll assist in selecting the right sensor for your application. Please note that only 1 of the example sensors shown is most applicable to your dome, and only 1 sensor assembly is provided with the controller. Contact us. We've integrated with almost every motorized dome out there including those with A/C motors. Shown also is a tick counter assembly that is engineered for all ExploraDome automation. This is an optional assembly and is ready for install on your ED sprocket driver.
A DC motor driver is solid state which allows for ramping of a DC dome motor and rotation speed control. If you have an AC motor then you may need a relay transfer board, sold separately under Integration Parts. We supply example diagrams, but to be sure, have that work done by a qualified electrician.
In addition, all the features of our Roll off Roof controllers are included:
· Remotely turning on/off Low Voltage equipment power. Optional tie to Master Power function (All On/Off)
· Remotely turning on/off RoboFocus Power Accessory outlets. Optional tie to Master Power function.
· Remotely turning on/off up to three CPS high voltage switches. Optional tie to Master Power function.
· User configurable tie of Master Power function to ACP "Weather Connect" command for true remote/web based "All power On/Off" capability for positive control of equipment safety. Never again do you need worry about your equipment.
· Remotely controlling the dome with fully compliant support for the ASCOM Dome Class to assure complete ACP and Scheduler integration. ACP Scheduler or script can initiate a cover open/close. Support for ACP Unsafe Shutdown script. Never again worry about weather damage to your valuable investment. CCD Commander and CCD Autopilot are also supported.
· For those of you who are fond of Scripting, all AstroMC functions are reachable via scripts resulting in virtually unlimited "personalization" of your observatory.
· Our PC software, also now allows a VB or Java script to be run automatically after the Roof is Open and another script to be run before the Roof Closes. This give you the ability to touch every piece of equipment that has an Active-X interface ( e.g. ASCOM interface, power interface, etc.). In addition, we allow you to run a manual script at any time that is not tied to Roof Opening or Closing.
· Beginning with PC software release 2.2.0, we offer 2 script triggers: One that starts after the dome shutter is open and one that starts just before shutter closes. These can be either Visual Basic or Java script languages and are completely open to any ASCOM interface or scriptable interface of any capable hardware or software (e.g. Sky-X or any ASCOM mount, focuser, switch, etc.) This gives you ultimate and repeatable startup and shutdown processes.
· Optionally, measure humidity, observatory inside temperature and dew point, using this data to automatically control activation of dew management and dew removal equipment. Never again worry about when to activate dew removal heaters. It's automatic! Order our AMC-110 add-on kit.
· Complete integration of AstroAlert, Boltwood I/II and the Extech RH401 low cost IR temperature sensor.
· Full integration of weather sensors via the ASCOM Weather Class with a direct interface to ACP via AstroMC.weather server (included).
· Remotely initiate remote restart of computer and/or software components
· Support for the AstroMC ASCOM compliant ObservatoryControl Class that can be accessed by ACP or other programs. AstroMC is your Master Control Hub for the observatory.
· Either RS-232 or USB 1.1 interface support and PC desktop software included.
Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 10.
The controller comes with a 90-day limited warranty as a board product and a 1-year limited warranty if provide in our box which includes full cable set for quick integration.
Note: As with all high current DC motors, a suitable 12 VDC power source is required. Batteries are generally ineffective for most applications. A 30 amp supply from Pyramid or Alinco is an investment in reliability and durability for your observatory, which you will appreciate over time.
This is the ultimate in precision observatory control.